Image Makers Photo Club
Truro, Nova Scotia
- Vice-President, Brian Russell opened and chaired the business meeting at 7:20.
- Business meeting topics:
- As program coordinator Cliff brought up the upcoming Wildlife Park visit. The cost this year is $60.00. If the maximum number of five attend, then it will be $12.00 a person. Dates are February 7 & 8th. You are asked to notify Cliff if you want to attend email Cliff (email@example.com) within by early Thursday evening. You will meet at 8:45 a.m., for a start time of 9:00 and finish at 12:00.
- Sutherland’s Lake snowmobile races take place on Feb. 9th. We could possibly make other stops near Wentworth, while in the area. Please let Cliff know if you are interested.
- This is the last weekend for the Valley Eagle Watch.
- April Seminar: Cliff suggested John Sylvester who often has pictures in the Outdoor Photography Canada magazine. Tyler also suggested Maurice Henri known for his “Cameras for Healing”.
- Tyler has been in contact with Yvonne Higgins from the SPCA. They do up calendars. This year the voting for which pictures to go in the calendar is in need of a panel of judges. Tyler will be one, three or four more are needed. If you can help out please contact Tyler firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updating our web page: Choose 15 to 20 of your best images and either send them to Tyler or bring them to a meeting on a CD. Let’s show people who we are as creative club members.
Our meetings may be held in a different building in February. Watch for the changes.
- If you have items you want on the agenda for any of the upcoming meetings,
please forward them to Wayne email@example.com.
- Regular business meetings will begin at 7:15 (last Wednesday of each month)
and the programs for the evenings will start near 7:30.
- Treasurer Douglas Purdy will accept dues at any time:
Single $15.00; Family $20.00.
- Do you have an idea for information to go on our web site?
Please bring it to a meeting, if it is approved, then it will be given to
Tyler Rogers through email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites of possible interest:
~ Check out our website www.imagemakerstruro.ca .
~ Photographic Guild of Nova Scotia www.photoguild.ns.ca
~Canadian Association for Photographic Art
~ The Truro Daily News is looking for community pictures.
Simply email the photos to email@example.com
Program for the Evening:
Regarding the “weather” theme, members sent Tyler three images for viewing.
Thank you to Paul Heyman who showed us his trip to Russia off with his “Behind the Curtain” tour.
Most of us have never seen the many ornate buildings and art. Phenomenal pictures.
A few members brought flash drives in to show approximately five images.
They shared why they chose these pictures..
February 13 ~ “Creating High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images” Jim Hardiman
February 27 ~ Theme “Food”
~ Image Evaluation – a panel will critique images submitted by the members.
The meeting closed near 8:30. There were 26 present.
If there are any errors or omissions, please notify me in writing within a week after you receive this. Thank you, firstname.lastname@example.org
Respectfully Submitted, Millie Russell
P.S.~ Previous points of interest from our previous meeting:
- November 2012 Meeting: Wayne spoke about his contact with National Art. He will forward a list of paid up members to them (getting it from Douglas – the treasurer). For the present moment however, if we show our membership card, we can get a 30% discount. This store can be found off of Gottingen St, in Halifax. Go across the MacDonald bridge and precede South on Gottingen. National Art is located between Cornwallis and Cogswell Streets. Address: 5426 Portland Place. Their website is www.nationalart.ca .
- November 2012 Meeting: Regarding the issue of the location for our meetings: Wayne says that the NSCC are still pushing the issue that if we are to use their room then we require insurance, which is extremely expensive ($500.00). Wayne will advise us before the next meeting as to where we will be meeting. The town of Truro has paid the insurance for 50 groups in 2012.
- November 2012 Meeting: Regarding CAPA Membership it was questioned as to whether we should continue to be a member for the 2013 year. The cost is $150.00 per year (for a club), one benefit is the four quarterly magazines. Wayne researched their website and also wrote for clarification regarding a better understanding of why as a club, we would want to be members. This is what he brought back a report to the meeting, so that we could vote and make a decision: we may request a medal for our photo contest (we don’t know what the cost would be); we can send in our club’s pictures and they will create an album that other CAPA members can view. We voted to continue with the membership.
November 2012 Minutes: Cliff has an individual membership and said the benefits include quarterly magazines and the option to enter photo contests. Wayne shared that CAPA has an annual “Canada Camera College” conference each year ~ June 28th – 30th. This year it is being held in Fredericton. Freeman Patterson will be a part of this. It will run the entire weekend with field trips the week leading up to it. On July 1st CAPA is giving a course on “Judging”. Tyler, Cliff and Jim are planning on attending.